Dr Vikki Baker – Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Therapy and Counselling with Dr Vikki Baker
I am a qualified Consultant Clinical Psychologist with over 30 years of experience working with people who are experiencing stress, difficult life transitions, adjustment to past events and/or mental health difficulties.
I create a safe and supportive environment in which clients can feel comfortable, improve their understanding of themselves and others and work towards achieving their goals for improved mental health and wellbeing. Previous clients have said that they would recommend me as a therapist to friends and colleagues.
I have a degree in Psychology and a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and have been trained in a number of different therapy models. I draw from these to work with people to understand their past and current difficulties, set goals and to support them to make the changes they are seeking. This is based on a shared understanding of people’s strengths, goals, hopes and current and past experiences.
I have experience of working therapeutically with clients with a range of difficulties. The sessions start with us developing a shared understanding of the difficulties that have brought you to therapy and a full discussion about what might be helpful to address these issues. I find that an open, collaborative and supportive approach is important throughout any agreed therapy, within which you can feel it is safe to discuss anything that you feel is relevant or helpful.
Sessions usually last between 50 minutes and an hour and can be weekly or at a frequency to suit you. Longer sessions can also be arranged.
In addition to face to face I also offer remote sessions either by telephone, Skype or Zoom.
Qualifications and Training:
- Level 3 certificate in Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) (Awarded 2020) EMDR Institute
- Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring (Awarded 2013) Institute of Leadership and Management
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (Awarded 2000) University of Manchester
- M.Sc Applied Social Studies (Awarded 1988) University of Oxford
- Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW) (Awarded 1988) Central Council for Education and Training in Social Work
- B.Sc Applied Social Psychology (Awarded 1984) University of Wales
Please contact me to discuss fees.